ZAM-ZAM Water, research by Tariq Hussain.


>>We came here again to perform the Omrah, and I am reminded of the
>>wonders of Zum-zum. Let me go back to how it all started.
>>
>>In 1971, an Egyptian doctor wrote to the European Press, a letter
>>saying that Zum-zum water was not fit for drinking purposes.
>>
>>I immediately thought that this was just a form of prejudice
>>against the Muslims and that since his statement was based on
>>the assumption that since the Ka'aba was a shallow place (below
>>sea level) and located in the center of the city of Makkah, the
>>wastewater of the city collecting through the drains fell into well
>>holding the water.
>>
>>Fortunately, the news came to King Faisal's ears who got extremely
>>angry and decided to disprove the Egyptian doctor's provocative
>>statement.
>>
>>He immediately ordered the Ministry of Agriculture and Water
>>Resources to investigate and send samples of Zum-zum water to
>>European laboratories for testing the water.
>>
>>The ministry then instructed the Jeddah Power and Desalination
>>Plant to carry out this task.
>>
>>It was here that I was employed as a desalting engineer
>>(chemical engineer)to produce drinking water from sea water).
>>
>>I was chosen to carry out this assignment. At this stage, I
>>remember that I had no idea what the well holding the water looked
>>like. I went to Makkah and reported to the authorities at the
>>Ka'aba explaining my purpose of visit.
>>
>>They deputed a man to give me whatever help was required. When we
>>reached the well, it was hard for me to believe that a pool of
>>water, more like a small pond, about 18 by 14 feet, was the
>>well that supplied millions of gallons of water every year to
>>hajjis ever since it came into existence at the time of Hazrat
>>Ibrahim A.S., many, many centuries ago.
>>
>>I started my investigations and took the dimensions of the well. I
>>asked the man to show me the depth of the well. First he
>>took a shower and descended into the water. Then he straightened
>>his body. I saw that the water level came up to just above his
>>shoulders.
>>
>>His height was around five feet, eight inches. He then started
>>moving from one corner to the other in the well (standing all the
>>while since he was not allowed to dip his head into the water) in
>>search of any inlet or pipeline inside the well to see from where
>>the water came in. However, the man reported that he could not find
>>any inlet or pipeline inside the well.
>>
>>I thought of another idea. The water could be withdrawn rapidly
>>with the help of a big transfer pump which was installed at the
>>well for the Zum-zum water storage tanks. In this way, the water
>>level would drop enabling us to locate the point of entry of the
>>water.
>>
>>Surprisingly, nothing was observed during the pumping period, but I
>>knew that this was the only method by which you could find the
>>entrance of the water to the well. So I decided to repeat the
>>process. But this time I instructed the man to stand still at one
>>place and carefully observe any unusual thing happening inside the
>>well. After a while, he suddenly raised his hands and shouted,
>>"Alhamdollillah! I have found it. The sand is dancing beneath my
>>feet as the water oozes out of the bed of the well."
>>
>>Then he moved around the well during the pumping period and noticed
>>the same phenomenon everywhere in the well. Actually the flow of
>>water into the well through the bed was equal at every point, thus
>>keeping the level of the water steady. After I finished my
>>observations I took the samples of the water for European
>>laboratories to test.
>>
>>Before I left the Ka'aba, I asked the authorities about the other
>>wells around Makkah.I was told that these wells were mostly dry.
>>When I reached my office in Jeddah I reported my findings to my
>>boss who listened with great interest but made a very
>>irrational comment that the Zum-zum well could be internally
>>connected to the Red Sea . How was it possible when Makkah is
>>about 75 kilometers away from the sea and the wells located before
>>the city usually remains dry? The results of the water samples
>>tested by the European laboratories and the one we analysed in our
>>own laboratory were found to be almost identical.
>>
>>The difference between Zum-zum water and other water (city water)
>>was in the quantity of calcium and magnesium salts. The content of
>>these was slightly higher in Zum-zum water. This may be why this
>>water refreshes tired hajjis, but more significantly, the water
>>contains fluorides that have an effective germicidal action.
>>Moreover, the remarks of the European laboratories showed that the
>>water was it for drinking.
>>
>>Hence the statement made by the Egyptian doctor was proved false.
>>
>>When this was reported to King Faisal he was extremely pleased and
>>ordered the contradiction of the report in the European Press. In a
>>way, it was a blessing that this study was undertaken to show the
>>chemical composition of the water. In fact, the more you explore,
>>the more wonders surface and you find yourself believing implicitly
>>in the miracles of this water that Allah bestowed as a gift on
>>the faithful coming from far and wide to the desert land for
>>pilgrimage.
>>
>>Let me sum up some of the features of Zam-zam water.
>>
>>This well has never dried up. On the contrary it has always
>>fulfilled the demand for water. It has always maintained the same
>>salt composition and taste ever since it came into existence. Its
>>potability has always been universally recognised as pilgrims from
>>all over the world visit Ka'aba every year for Hajj and umrah, but
>>has never complained about it. Instead, they have always enjoyed
>>the water that refreshes them. Water tastes different at different
>>places.
>>
>>Zam-zam water's appeal has always been universal.
>>
>>This water has never been chemically treated or chlorinated as is
>>the case with water pumped into the cities. Biological growth and
>>vegetation usually
>>Takes place in most wells. This makes the water unpalatable owing
>>to the growth of algae causing taste and odor problems.
>>
>>But in the case of the Zum-zum water well, there wasn't any
>>sign of biological growth. Centuries ago, Bibi Hajra A.S. searched
>>desperately for water in the hills of Sufwa and Murwa to give to
>>her newly born son Hazrat Ismail A.S. As she ran from one place
>>to another in search of water, her child rubbed his feet against
>>the sand. A pool of water surfaced, and by the grace of Allah,
>>shaped itself into a well which came to be called Zum-zum water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Niyahs for Ghusul Bath and Duas for various occassions.

Exorcism Warning

Hadeeth of the Day