Easy zikr, heavy on the scales

 


Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith (May Allah be pleased with her) reported, the Mother of the Believers: The Prophet (Sallallaahu Alaihi wa Sallam) came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet (S.A.W.S) said, "
Are you still in the same position as I left you?'' I replied in the affirmative.


Thereupon the Prophet :saws:said,

"I recited four words three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier.
These are:
Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midaada kalimatihi
(
سُبْحَانَ اللهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ: عَدَدَ خَلْقِهِ، وَرِضَا نَفْسِهِ، وَزِنَةَ عَرْشِهِ وَمِدَادَ كَلِمَتِهِ)

 

[Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the weight of His Throne and equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise)]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was narrated that Abu Umaamah (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) saw me moving my lips and he said to me:
"What are you saying, O Abu Umaamah?"

I said: "I am remembering Allah, O Messenger of Allah."

He :saws:said:
"Shall I not tell you of something better or greater than your dhikr of night and day or of day and night? You should say: Subhaan Allah 'adad ma khalaqa, subhaan Allah mil'a ma khalaqa, subhaan Allah 'adad ma fi'l-ard wa'l-sama', subhaan Allah mil'a ma fi'l-sama'i wa'l-ard, subhaan Allah mil'a ma khalaqa, subhaan Allah 'adad ma ahsa kitaabuhu, subhaan Allah mil'a kulli shay'in
(Glory be to Allah the number of what He has created, glory be to Allah filling what He has created, glory be to Allah the number of what is in earth and heaven, glory be to Allah filling what is in heaven and earth, glory be to Allah filling what He has created, glory be to Allah the number of what is written in His book, glory be to Allah filling all things);
and say Al-hamdu Lillah likewise."



(Narrated by Al- Haakim, classed as Saheeh)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Niyahs for Ghusul Bath and Duas for various occassions.

Exorcism Warning

Hadeeth of the Day